The doctoral school offers several types of training courses which aim to deepen the doctoral student's training and prepare him/her for his/her career after the thesis. Doctoral students must complete 100 hours of training during the preparation of the thesis, with the following breakdown:
40 hours as part of cross-disciplinary training (site doctoral college, UBL doctoral school, including compulsory training in research ethics and scientific integrity)
60 hours as part of the training provided by the doctoral school and by the research units on which the doctoral school is based. Certain disciplinary training may give rise to an equivalence, to be requested via Améthis upon justification.
Full-time salaried doctoral students (excluding doctoral contracts) may request a waiver of half of the hours. To do so, the doctoral student must send a handwritten request to the director or deputy director of the Doctoral School of his or her institution, including the opinion of the thesis director and a justification for this request.
The full table of credits is appended to the internal regulations of the ED.
FIND YOUR TRAINING COURSES ON AMETHIS
- Tutorial 1 - AMETHIS: logging in
- Tutorial 2 - AMETHIS: using the functionalities (PPT)
- Tips for finding courses and keeping track of your training hours
- Table of credits (in hours) (updated 2021)
DESCRIPTION OF ED ALL TRAINING COURSES
- Training in research ethics. It is provided by the Pôle de Rennes, but may be accessible in the form of MOOC (massive online courses).
- Inception meeting (within your university)
- A professional integration module
- Disciplinary training courses organised by the doctoral school
Deepen your knowledge in your area of expertise
- Seminar: "Criticism and interpretation" (2020-21)
- Doctoral study days organised by research units linked to the doctoral school
- NEW in 2021: Supervisors and doctoral students: how to organise a scientific event open to all doctoral students
- See the table of credits
- NEW in 2020-2021: webinars during the Covid pandemic
To find out the dates and conditions for validation, see the list here (and the agenda).
CROSS-DISCIPLINARY TRAINING COURSESConsolidate or broaden your skillset through introductory courses to management, career development, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Doctoral colleges and centres offer cross-disciplinary training.
- Access the list of Brittany-Loire doctoral college training courses here.
To find out more about doctoral skills (and promote them in your doctoral portfolio)
- Official framework: Decree of 22 February 2019 defining the skills and competences of doctoral candidates and registering the doctorate in the national register of professional certification
- ANSES: a summary of skills developed during the doctorate.
Catherine LE BERRE - 02.99.14.11.33