The Doctorate School of Université Bretagne Loire makes the university’s doctoral studies a strategic driver for promoting and raising the international visibility of higher education and research in Western France. It thereby aims to attract the best possible students for pursuing PhDs of the highest scientific level at the research units of its members institutions, by offering a talent-rich, interdisciplinary and well-structured environment firmly linked to the socio-economic world.
Keen to contribute to the success of its students’ future professional career, the Doctorate School provides them with the necessary tools and resources for constructing an attractive professional project.
Its missions cover:
- Defining common governing and operating procedures (PhD charter, training agreements, etc.)
- Defining a common offer of cross-disciplinary training courses and implementing this offer in collaboration with the Site Doctoral Colleges; Defining and certifying “standard” training programmes; Managing and evaluating these training programmes in collaboration with the Site Doctoral Colleges
- Promoting – with the Site Doctoral Colleges and the doctoral schools – the skills and expertise of PhD students and doctorate-holders, within the socio-economic world and among professional-insertion bodies
- Implementation of the AMETHIS tool, designed to assist doctoral school administrators, the Site Doctoral Colleges and the Doctorate School
- Organizing the monitoring of PhD holders’ professional careers (in collaboration with the doctoral schools), via the Université Bretagne Loire Monitoring Centre
- Coordinating international doctoral-training actions and initiatives (agreements, support for jointly supervised theses and doctoral mobility, etc.)
- Drawing up bilingual communication documents
- Serving as a link with the international relations offices and research departments of Université Bretagne Loire
Doctoral environment of Université Bretagne Loire
Université Bretagne Loire is home to 11 interregional doctoral schools that have already produced over 5,200 doctorate holders.
Matière, Molécules et Matériaux (3M)
Arts, Lettres, Langues (ALL)
Biologie Santé (BS)
Droit et Science Politique (DSP)
sciences Economiques et sciences De GEstion (EDGE)
Ecologie, Géosciences, Agronomie et Alimentation (EGAAL)
Education, Langages, Interaction, Cognition, Clinique (ELICC)
Mathématiques et STIC (MathSTIC)
Sciences de la Mer et du Littoral (SML)
Sciences Pour l’Ingénieur (SPI)
Sociétés, Temps, Territoires (STT)